Wednesday, March 30, 2011

TOMS: One for One

In April of 2009 I bought my very first pair of TOMS shoes. Almost two years later and I now own three pair and hope to be buying a new pair soon. I'm not the kind of girl who likes to go shopping or spend a lot of money on clothes but when it comes to TOMS shoes I always seem to make an exception. Buying them can become an addiction much like getting a tattoo. I buy TOMS because i'm inspired by the story behind why they got started. It all started with this guy named blake who was on the t.v. show called the amazing race. During blake's journey through the show he realized how many kids in other countries were going without shoes and were dying because of a simple foot disease. As of September 2010. TOMS has given over one million pairs of new shoes to children in need through Giving Partners around the world. The picture here is the new pair of TOMS that I hope to buy soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment