Tuesday, April 2, 2013

1 year anniversary

This past Friday was the 1 year anniversary of the death of my great grandmother Margie Ray. I wanted to remember her in a different way. Over the past month i've been sorting through old photos with my mom. we came across one of my Mamaw when she was in her early 20's. I fell in love with the photo and attempted to duplicate it for myself. So here is the attempt and also polaroid's that i took of her grave. The bottom image was taken with a 4x5 film camera. my purpose with the photograph was to try and make it look as close to the image of my mamaw as possible. it was my first time using the 4x5 so i didn't know how to fully use it. that's why i chose to go with just using a digital camera. with the digital camera i was able to take a quick photo and with the 4x5 it was a minute and thirty second exposure. as you can tell, i wasn't able to stay very still while the shutter stayed open.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment