Thursday, September 27, 2012

artist statement, bio and resume

We live in an era that is fast paced, an era that normally does not take the time to slow down to enjoy the details of life. I believe as a society we must learn how to connect with our surroundings and embrace life at a slower pace. I have found the best way i connect with my environment is through documenting it. Capturing moments in time allows me to express my opinions and show the emotions that i keep locked inside. I hope to one day share life changing stories that challenge people and have the potential to change people’s lives. I know there is no stability or security in photography, but I do know that this is what I’m supposed to do. I do this because because God has called me to do it. I do this because I love people and I want to serve them.  



Rebecca Haskell is a Senior at Texas A&M University-Commerce working towards her BFA in Visual Communications with an emphasis in Photography. Upon graduation she plans to pursue her passions of traveling and photography through world missions. 




Rebecca Haskell
PO BOX 446, Commerce, TX 75429
beccahaskell@gmail.com
beccahaskell.weebly.com
903.658.4637


Education 
· Texas A&M University- Commerce
                Spring 2011 - Present
                      Bachelors of Fine Arts in Visual Communications with an emphasis in Photography

· Kilgore College
                 Fall 2008 - fall 2010
                    Worked towards an Associates in Commercial Photography
                         The Flare Newspaper, Staff Photographer
                         The Ranger Yearbook, Editor   
            While a student at KC my work was shown in the Anne Dean Turk Fine Arts Gallery and the Mathew Dean Johnson Gallery.
· Tatum High School 
                  Fall 2004 – Spring 2008
                         Honors Graduate 


Employment
· Kilgore College Police Department 
                    January 2009 – December 2010
                    Student Worker    
                    Job Details: dispatch, office secretary, printed student ID’s, and issued parking permits. 

· Shannon Oaks Church 
                    May 2011- July 2011
                    Summer Youth Intern
                    Job Details: built relationships with the teens, Organized/planned trips, and a camp counselor. 

· Texas A&M University – Commerce, College of Business
                   August 2011 – Present 
                   Student Worker
                   Job Details: creating spreadsheets, running errands, decorating display boards, and  scanning/shredding   documents.

Skills
         Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, and Indesign; Microsoft Office; 

No comments:

Post a Comment